Who is this course for?
Do you lack confidence in inspection, building pathology, construction, dating property, and sustainability?
The on -site due diligence can let down an otherwise well-prepared candidate. ApcTaylorMade have designed a 1 day course around a partially completed residential building with common defects. This will provide a solid background to build on in terms of recognising and articulating construction and defects at the appropriate level for a valuation, commercial property or residential surveyor.
To provide an overview of sustainability, construction and defects in a residential inspection context using real examples in an exhibition context.
By the end of the day candidates will be able to:
- Describe the different types of inspection and when they are appropriate.
- Describe a residential inspection step by step using a checklist.
- Correctly identify the age of buildings in an exercise.
- List relevant health and safety procedures for inspections.
- List the valuation significant factors in an inspection.
- Identify four types of defect and describe the remedy.
- Describe the construction of a proposed case study subject in a professional manner with reference to photographs.
- Explain three sustainable building techniques.
This course is £195 for the day but the usual loyalty discount applies making it £150 for any existing clients.
Wednesday 26 September 2018
National Build Centre in Swindon
Paul Taylor MRICS (I may be present)